How good is cabbage?!
How especially good is red cabbage?!
How taste bud tinglingly good is red cabbage when it’s mixed up with chilli’s, lime juice, salt and transformed into a Mexican Slaw?
Too good, that’s how good.
Remember when I confessed all about my Mexican food addiction? Well, it all started off with this salad. When I first made it I couldn’t believe how fresh & zingy it was, and I majorly overdosed on the stuff!
For months, every single bbq, picnic or party simply had to include this dish & i’m not exaggerating when i say there was never any of it left. In fact, anyone i’ve ever made this for has practically inhaled it within seconds. That’s fine though because this slaw is SUPER good for you, therfore it’s totally acceptable go ahead and stuff your face!!
- 3/4 red cabbage
- 1 red onion – peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 carrots – peeled & grated
- 2 fresh green jalapeno chilli’s – de-seeded & thinly sliced
- 1 large handful of fresh coriander – leaves & stalks roughly chopped
- 2 limes – juice only
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Finely shred your cabbage & place in a large bowl.
- Peel & grate your carrots & peel and finely slice your red onion.
- De-seed & finely slice your jalaopeno, then add to the cabbage alongside the carrots & red onion.
- Chop your coriander & add to the bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with a generous sprinkle of sea salt, drizzle with a little olive oil & squeeze over the juice of your limes.
- Mix again, ensuring everything is well coated.
- Et viola, job done! Look at those colours…..
(recipe adapted from Jamie here)